Pages

Monday 23 September 2013

THE GIG POST | 30 SECONDS TO MARS AT THE iTUNES FESTIVAL

I was going to post this the day after the show but was so tired and had to be at uni for the morning that I forgot to finish writing it. But anyway hope you like. :)

I was lucky enough to win tickets to see 30 SECONDS TO MARS at the iTunes Festival on the 18th September. It was my first time at a MARS show and have to say it was an interesting experience. I've been a fan of the band for almost 10 years now and it was long overdue that I saw them live. I traveled to London from Oxford and met another fan who used my guest ticket. I saw and spoke to several other ECHELON and it was great to see so many won tickets too. I remember watching Lana Del Rey's show last year at the festival and really wanting to go to the festival this year. I honestly did not think I would win tickets at all so was astonished when iTunes emailed me to say I'd won.






Amazingly enough I was right at the front with maybe 2 people stood in front of me. I had never been to The Roundhouse before so it was great to finally see it in person.




There was a warm-up act called The Family Rain that played before MARS. I really enjoyed their set even though I did not know them. Their music was a lot more indie than is my usual taste but I loved the guitar melodies and the beats of their songs.


After their set the tension in the room was tangible and everyone was ready and waiting to see MARS. They came on stage at 9pm and played a 90 minute set. They played a mix of songs from the albums THIS IS WAR, LOVE LUST FAITH + DREAMS and an acoustic version of THE KILL from the album A BEAUTIFUL LIE. 

Their set-list was :
1. Birth
2. Night of the Hunter
3. Search & Destroy
4. This Is War
5. Conquistador
6. Do Or Die
7. Depuis Le Début
8. End Of All Days
9. City Of Angels
10. Pyres of Varanasi
11. Hurricane (acoustic)
12. The Kill (acoustic)
13. Closer To The Edge
14. Up In The Air

Here are some pictures from their show I apologise for the blurriness as I was too excited to concentrate on getting really good quality photos but look how close I was to the stage.





I was exhausted by the end of the show, I had practically lost most of my voice from singing all the songs (word for word I'll have you know ha ha). I got back to Oxford very early in the morning at probably about 2am and as soon as my head hit the pillow I fell asleep.

Note: Please do not take & distribute the photos online they are mine and are personal.


LOVE VANESSA xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...